Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Tuesdays in Latin III/IV

Every Tuesday in Latin III/IV, I like to find absurd pictures that relate to whatever we're talking about - a kid going crazy during a soccer game, my brother sneaking up on his best friend with a screwdriver, et ita porro. I ask the students to get into pairs and give them two minutes to answer a question. Some of the questions I've asked:




What happened to lead up to this picture?
What's going on in this picture?
What's this guy thinking?
What's his plan?
What's going to happen next?

Then I ask who has a good story to tell, and we listen to/circle all the stories.

Sometimes, thereafter, I give them a phrase or section from something we're reading that relates to the picture, or could relate to it, and ask them to use it as inspiration. Sometimes I just ask them to think. Then I give them the remainder of the class period to do one of the following:
1. (using the words as inspiration,) describe the picture
2. (using the words as inspiration,) tell a story regarding the picture
3. (using the words as inspiration,) write about your own life or whatever's going on in your head

No comments:

Post a Comment